Changing jobs are not easy.
Actually, it is very emotional, on top of the exhausting part. This is because I love what I do and because I was here with this office from the very beginning, growing from 2 people to 14.
And I claim a part of this growth.
Making longterm decisions without having a full set of information of "what could happen if I do it this way" is the hard part. And I am going through a whole series of longterm decisions.
First I decided to leave our Dubai office. Then I decided whether to take a job with an other office of us, or look for something else. Actually, I never started looking. Offers came. And when I decided to take one of them, an other good one came. So I am still in the process, bear with me. I am finishing with my company on the 15th of May, but I will have nothing new confirmed before the end of May.
This whole thing coincides with leaving my apartment and search for a new one. Finally I booked a flat in a building which was my project, facade consultancy for the architect. This will only be ready in August, so I am basically on the street from 14th May till the end of Aug, staying with friends, in hotels, and travelling. It might seem strange but I do not mind being homeless for a while. I need freedom now, and furniture, flat and stuff more than what fits into a suitcase do restrict you and limit your freedom. I do look forward to put everything into storage and have only a week's clothing with me and a few technical reference books in the trunk of my car, in case I have to start a job sooner than August.
And of course, on top of changing job and flat, I have been considering changing countries as well. But I decided to stay. London is too depressive, Australia is too low paid. US/Canada was not an option now.
So that is why I have no posts these days. I hope it explains...
Friday, May 11, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment