Update.
I need to add an explanation as I talked to friends since I posted it and figured that although most of them found it funny, based on cultural background, they found it funny for all different reasons.
I heard that it is funny because "This little van wants to drive all the way through India" and because "The business owner must be from India, otherwise one could not give significance to India" (I had to disagree, most expats here are from India, there is a business sense in it.) and "Why would one deliver flowers from the desert to India, which is full of native flowers"
No, none of these. It is purely funny to me because I would have thought India is part of "anywhere". Such as Luxembourg, Chile or Iceland are part, hence they are not listed...
1 comment:
I think we should start tacking this phrase on to random statements and see if it catches on :) You know like how you're supposed to ad "in bed" to all the fortune cookie messages.
ie. Only in Dubai is a cool blog... especially in India!
Post a Comment